Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Maiden Voyage

Greetings everyone,

I am writing from an empty home. Harry is out to sea. He has left us for the open waters of the unknown. I actually mean unknown. Due to operational security reason I do not know exactly where he is, where he will be going, nor when he is to return home. The few things I do know... I do not have permission to discuss. Just know that we are very excited for Harry to have this experience. I am awaiting permission to release the ship he is on and the mission of the crew.

He is out of his mind excited. Let's pray that enthusiasm continues throughout the journey. Also pray that he finds his sea legs. Fortunately, he has not had any problems, but Harry has never been on a boat. Neither Navy nor civilian cruise.

I received an email this morning from him about how the waves never stop and the ship continues to "rock". He also wrote to tell me he had steak and lobster for dinner last night. (Not a typical Cretan meal) After his teasing comment... I "teasingly" wrote back... "I hope you keep it down!" So pray Harry's maiden voyage goes well health wise.



"The seas have lifted up, O Lord,

the seas have lifted their voice;

the seas have lifted up their pounding waves.

Mightier than the thunder of the great waters,

mightier than the breakers of the sea-

the Lord on high is mighty."

Psalm 93: 3-4 (NIV)







Blessings until next time,
Kristie



Pictures of Souda Bay area
(not NSA Souda Bay... not allowed)

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online