Sunday, September 14, 2008

Proud Relationship: Spouse

Greetings everyone,

Home again. Just wanted to share a few pictures from the US Mount Whitney.





I am so proud of our United States Armed Forces.

I am so proud of our United States Navy.

And I am so proud of my husband!




On my military id card, which is needed to access the base and it's facilities, it reads "Identification and Privileges Card." It has been our privilege to be a part of the US Navy family. What a blessing to be able to serve God in such a diverse atmosphere!


My id card goes everywhere with me! It is the only way on the base, the only way to shop at the NEX (our base supermarket / convenient store), post office, fuel, movie rentals, anything and everything you could possible need requires verification from the id card.

Such an important card, our life line here in Souda Bay. While waiting for my flight yesterday I really looked at my id card. I sat and pondered the identification and privileged part, (sometimes I do not feel so privileged to live outside the 48 contiguous states.... oh how I miss US soil) then scanned the remaining sections of the card.

What I saw....

Name: Kristie Hansen

Social: XXX-XX-XXXX I blacked it out for security reasons... ha, like anyone would want it!

Date of birth: 30 Dec. 1977 not scared to tell my age...or Harry's...HE TURNS 40 Next month!

Weight: *** (they ask you and do not actually weigh you on the spot... so my weight is a weight I did have about 2 years ago) ... so technically not a lie!

Height, hair color, eye color, etc.

Also, there are other tidbits of info...
civilian: yes
medical: yes
exchange: yes
commissary: yes
MWR: yes

Then the card refers to my sponsor: Harry Hansen

Sponsor rank and pay grade (reminds me.. get a new card.... we have had a promotion and a pay grade increase!!).


Then oddly it asks...

Relationship: SP
SP of course meaning spouse... I think?


I am a relationship: spouse!


A card I frequently forget and have to turn around and drive the 15 minutes back home to find, a card that has made me late to Chapel more than a few times, a card that has a horrible picture... not a good representation of me.... or maybe it does represent the "me" at the time (Harry, for pay reasons, had to register me into the base ASAP.... so the picture is the "me" after a 30+ flight and 8 hour time change), a card that allows me to shop til I drop on base, a card that says "I am a military dependent"... says I have a sponsor.... says that I am a relationship: spouse. A card that says a lot about me. Defines who I am within the military sphere.

So tonight I say ... how I define myself, "I am a proud relationship spouse" and "I am proud to be a part of God's hand in military ministry!"



Blessings until next time,
Kristie

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online