Thursday, November 27, 2008

Eucharistia

Greetings,

Thanksgiving in Greek is eucharustia. And this past Sunday we celebrated the NSA Souda Bay Chapel Thanksgiving Meal. We had a great time with a rather large turn out. Translation: we almost ran out of food. Harry was so dissapointed he was not able to take home a plate of leftovers. which serves him right after what he did to me....


I have never in my 30+ years of life cooked a turkey....never even bought one.... an uncooked frozen one that is....therefore when Harrry nominated me to cook a 22 pound turkey for the Chapel I could have beat him with the frozen fowl! Thankfully, Paul and Tina recognized my limitations and agreed to cook the bird. I do not even have a pan to put such a large creature in. It would not have fit in our miniscule european oven.



Thank you Cargill family for donating the bird. And thank you Paul and Tina.....even though you were up all hours of the night tending to the 22 pound montroucity, had to defrost it in your bathtub, carry it on a rather large cooler... it was delicous. And if you had not agreed.... I would have tossed the bird and went looking for the nearest "Honey Baked Ham drive thru" ...and not sure they have those here in Greece.











Also, I do not think I have told you guys about the story of our new building..... in short....we were given a new (old...pretty run down...scheduled to be torn down if they had the $$)...Chapel building. We have been in the process of knocking down walls, painting, landscaping, and everything but call Ty Pennington in for a new building. "Does anyone happen to have his number?" I would love to hear Ty say, "Move that bus"... and see a brand new Chapel building where the old previously sat! Anyway, from the photos you can see the newly acquired fellowship hall has yet to be painted, decorated, or have permanate furniture. Navy things take a while. But its a work in progress! And we are thankful for what we have.

So Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving blessings,

Kristie





No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online