Saturday, November 1, 2008

The One Lamb

On the road leaving our house Harry and I were stuck in a sheep jam. Mother sheep with their little new born lamb. One of the little guys could barely walk on his wobbly unstable legs. The sight of these little guys brought a story to mind.....




































One little lost lamb…..


Jesus tells us the story of a shepherd in Luke chapter 15. This shepherd has 100 sheep in his flock, yet one day he loses one. I guess it strayed away from the herd. Jesus asks the question….Does he, the shepherd, not leave the ninety-nine in the open fields and go after the one lost sheep? Does he not keep looking for him until he finds him? Then once the shepherd finds his one lost sheep… does he not hoist the sheep unto his shoulders and bring him safely home? Once home the shepherd calls his neighbors to rejoice in finding the lost sheep. Having a party… a “I found my one little lost lamb party”.


Jesus then explains to us how there is more rejoicing in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and comes to God than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.


I love this story. And I love the song with the verse… “One little lost lamb and here I am”. This story has such a significant meaning to me…. I was and am the little lost lamb.


I was the little lamb straying in sin and lost from my Shepherd. I was the one on his mind that night. I was the one He was losing sleep over. I was the one He went looking to find. I was the one he needed to return to His flock. I was the one He rejoiced in when He found me. I was the one He gave a party when found.


And unfortunately .. I am the one who continually struggles with staying with the flock. I am the one that temds to stray when I am not fully and wholly focused on Him. I am the one who gets lost at times. I am the one who gets so consumed with earthly things that I lose sight of where I am or supposed to be. I am the one who is lost without Him.

How many times do I stray away from where God wants me? How many times do I stray from who God wants me to be?


The best part of the little lost lamb story…. is that my Savior or my Shepherd will come and find me. My Shepherd will go into the open country to find the lost lamb gone astray. My Shepherd cares enough about me to return me to the fold. And then rejoices when I am returned!


And today… in the middle of what often feels like a desolate island in Greece…. I am thankful that He watches over me regardlesss of my location. I praise Him for tossing me over His shoulder and bringing me home. Back within His glory and grace.













Blessings to the one little lost lamb,

Kristie

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online