Tuesday, June 30, 2009

And the list keeps growing..

Greetings,


A friend sent this my way on facebook..


13 things I love about America, that I didn't know I loved until I lived overseas.



1. Miles, gallons, feet, pounds....
2. 24-hour everything
3. Electronic bill payment
4. Central Air Conditioning and Heat (which are used in the right season)
5. People that are American first, and ethnic second (or more simply....Americans)
6. The efficiency of our bureaucratic offices. You will just have to trust me on this one.
7. Market economy--though this appears to quickly be disappearing
8. Not fighting centuries old wars.
9. The work ethic.
10. Chain stores and restaurants--(FYI--European McDonald's do now have Quarter Pounders, but nobody knows what the name means)
11. Rights that are recognized as given to all men and not subject to the whims of men.
12. Freedom to worship without reprisal, (which is a typical characteristic of a Christian nation)13. Beaches free of Speedo-wearers (our Canadian tourists notwithstanding)





then he tagged me.... I guess he thought I would enjoy this and add to the list.

So I did....

14. Pay at the pump fuel.
15. Customer service.
16. Quick meals.
17. TOILETS you can FLUSH the paper down.
18. Internet that works.
19. Electrical systems that can functions with more than 2 heating elements running at the same time.. without blowing a fuse.
20. F' instead of C'... you try converting every time you want to cook something
21. Wal-Mart
22. Target
23. Paying in US dollars and no longer converting Euros to dollars in your head.
24. Drivable highways.
25. No more strikes!
26. Again flushable toilets.



and the list could go on and on
and on
and on!


Carl and his lovely family are happily back in the States.... however, the Hansen household can still add to this ever-growing list.


Blessings to those content with their surroundings,

Kristie

1 comment:

sandy h. said...

I love it... too funny

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online