Monday, June 15, 2009

Locked out.... again

Greetings,



This happens to me often....



while sweeping

or letting the dog out

or taking out the trash

or running out to the car

or just enjoying the fresh air...



A gust of wind whips out from no where and causes the door to slam, which in return locks me out of my own house.



Our doors do not have a handle, so once the door closes it is automatically locked. And unfortunately, I do this often. If I do not prop the door open with a chair, then a strong gust of wind closes me out every time.



There is a somewhat permanent spot for the landlord's ladder outside our kitchen window. We make it a point to NEVER lock the kitchen window.... for this purpose.








A rickety old wooden ladder + pajama clad with bare feet + 7 feet drop + a kitchen sink just inside the window = my weekly routine.



You would think I would learn by now to either:



a. do not let myself get locked out

b. wear shoes when stepping out on the deck

c. move the salt & pepper shaker, dish detergent, and everything else from window sill

d. tell the cat to stop staring at me like that as I crawl through the very small hole



or



e. all the above



Blessings to those with a little common sense,

Kristie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will send you one of those hid a key under the rock thing.. or do you have plenty of rocks? ;)

Heinz Kabutz said...

Whilst home, just leave your key permanently in the lock on the outside - that's how everyone does it around here ...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online