Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Postal Service

Greetings,


For almost an entire week, I have been packing, mailing, stuffing, repacking, and mailing some more in hopes of transporting all my loot pack to Souda Bay in a timely manner. Vacation Bible School commences the week after I arrive, but VBS decorating starts the minute I arrive. So needless to say... Chapel / God first and new summer wardrobe with matching thong flip flops second.



Fortunately, all mailed items will travel through the US postal service with a few stops in various country's customs agency.


If I were to receive mail via the Greek postal service it would look like this...






... and I am not sure my packages will fit in these little nooks. Yelp, this is the local Post Office and thankfully we receive all of our mail at the base.


Besides... where is the little red flag thingy that you raise when you have mail for the mailman to pick up? And how do you know your address? And I wonder if Greeks receive all those junk mail flyer's like we do back in the states?


Blessings to those

Kristie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how things are so different in other places!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online