Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Minor accident

Greetings,


"They" say everything goes wrong when the "men" leave.... well

During an unexpected torrential rainfall that flooded the streets of Norfolk, I had a little accident.

A guy was running through the crosswalk, there were moving trucks obstructing my sight line...

so as I slowed to make a right hand turn... out of the corner of my eye I spot the guy for the first time....he had his head lowered against the wind and rain and I assume never saw me.

I slammed on the brakes...  slide up to the intersection...


and WHAM!


I hit him...

I hit him in the front of the truck and it rolled him up onto the hood.  (Oddly, just like in the movies... it was surreal)

Before I knew it... he was plastered on the hood of Harry's truck.

I was in shock!

I just sat there in the middle of the intersection!

And the crazy thing is....

the guy rolled off and ran away.

Without ever looking back at me.


He just kept running...

I pulled over and tried to figure out what to do next.... call the cops ... try to find the guy..?


I was in shock!

I think I am still in shock.

I hope and pray the guy is okay.  I wish he would have at least stopped running so that I could see if there was anything hurt or broken with him .


I have never ran over some one before... and I hope I never do it again!


The craziest things happen to us... who hits someone then has that someone just run away.  It felt like it was all a dream  or something...


Photobucket

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Oh my gosh!! That is some crazy stuff! I would have freaked out and started crying. So scary! I wonder why he ran off though. Makes me think he was hiding something. Hmm.... Glad you are ok though!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well he was probably running from the convenience store he just held up or he's trying for a personal best and what's a little bump and bruise? Now you've joined the club - Matt and Silvia have experience in that department.

USNchic said...

That is nuts!!!! I can't believe he just ran off! At least you know he wasn't too badly injured. Makes you wonder what he was up to....
I was out driving in that mess, too. It was horrible!

Matt said...

What are you talking about gbarker77? I bumped somebody with my mirror in Naples going about 5 miles an hour! That does not count! =)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online