Friday, January 16, 2009

Freedom

Greetings,

With everyone back to work after the holidays.... Kadence takes advantage of Auntie K as her daycare provider. Fortunately, my sister takes her kicking and screaming to daycare, which gives me a chance to have "me" time before I retrieve her around lunch.

Today at Kidsville... when her mother dropped her off.... Kadence ran screaming, crying, and carrying on with a "stomach ache". I even think she threw herself on the floor when her mother left.

A guilt ridden Kasey called me to say Kadence was not feeling well. She had called the daycare several times... to find her health was on the steady incline. Here are a few pictures.... taken when I retrieved her just before lunch....





Her self portrait.... I think I see a residual milk mustache....





I asked her about her previous stomach... to which she informed me she did not want to talk about it.

On the drive home.... Kadence is a music junkie as well... we listened to some more of the recently found Cd's. Elton John. We love Elton John. We tried to get Kasey to name the new baby brother Kelton John. It starts with a K. Last summer when I went to see him in concert... I called Kadence during her favorite songs.... Tiny Dancer and Benny and the Jets. As Elton John blares (that is the only volume she will allow) her previous condition has improved.





As Elton John sings of Philadelphia Freedom... I can only think of Kadence's recent freedom from Kidsville. As she lives and breaths it's daycare freedom.


And I guess who can blame her..... at home she is free to do just about anything she wants.... versus the structural constraints of daycare.
"Momma.... I think her stomach is feeling better now!"


Blessings,

Auntie K


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the video--yes she is free! Love you guys, Kevin, Danelle and Logan

Anonymous said...

Okay, what can I say......she is so much like her Auntie Kay. Well, I do need to update that for the past two days she has not threw a fit. She went in like a big girl....not sure how long that will last, but you take the good days when they come.

Anonymous said...

I played the video for Logan and he danced along! I tried to play it again and video his dancing, but he got too interested in smashing buttons on the computer. Anytime I think I have a bad day, I'm going to play this video because it will instantly make me smile:) Love ya,Danelle

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online