Friday, January 9, 2009

A Psalm in my heart

"Praise the LORD.

Sing to the LORD a new song,

his praise in the assembly of the saints."

Psalm 149:1 NIV



Yesterday, as I traveled to the oral surgeon... I needed something to take my mind off the impending doom. I hate dentist. (And Kadence would tell on me for saying "hate" ... it's a "bad" word around here. And so is "whatever".)


Anyway, for the hour long trip.... I shuffled things around in the car to try and rummage through and find some music. We took one car to Greece and the other resides at my parents house. So everything in the car is dated. Old receipts, old parking stubs, my old hairbrush, garage door opener to the old house (I should probably send it to the renters), old crusted air fresheners if I can still call them air fresheners, even the old Atlanta radio stations programmed into the preset buttons.


But as I was rustling around to try and find something to listen to... I stumbled onto several of my old Cd's. Several were damaged beyond listening capacity. Many were not labeled... so I had to pop the ancient relics into the player to find out what was on them.


Oh, the memories flooded back. The first were of worship and then the sermon from our home church. Just to hear our old music leader, the choir, and the magnificent orchestra. Oh how I miss the harmonious sounds of the Mount Paran orchestra. And a mixture of traditional hymns and praise and worship music. And sung by the recognized voices of our home church.


Other Cd's I ran across were just old compilations I had liked at that particular time. Mercy Me, Sara Groves, Selah, Newsboys, oh one of my favorites David Crowder. So I have changed up the music a little on my playlist. I few of my favorites.


I am a song junkie. I can be in the worst of moods and turn on some tunes and my mood does a 180. I have playlist... or had playlists until our computer decided to go ca put on the journey across the pond. But I have playlist for just about every mood I desire to be in. Happy, sad, ready to clean the house, ready to sit and have a pity party... I even have driving music. But I thought ACDC might be a little much for a faith based blog. Whatever, right? If I can even say that word.


"To the end that my glory

may sing praise to You

and not be silent.

O LORD my God,

I will give thanks to You forever."

Psalm 30:12 NKJV




Blessings to those with a (Psalm) song in their hearts,

Kristie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ACDC? stripper music?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online