Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rockin Robin

Greetings,

This weekend I was fortunate to be stateside and experience my niece's Spring Dance Recital. She was marvelous. I was teaching her to say, "I am ready for my closeup Mr DeMille." She had no idea what she was saying, but it was funny.



Here is her before performance shot with Kobe Jack.



The after performance shot with her mother....and of course her bouquet of flowers. Since when does a 4 year-old know she deserves a floral arrangement after her performance? All the kids were getting them.... it's not like it was Atlanta's Fabulous Fox Theater quality. Last time I was there... I did not see anyone hand flowers to Michael Buble.




And another shot with the two of us.... if I was going to sit through this... I wanted a picture!



And here are a few clips of our Rocking Robin. Kadence is the one in the middle.. who knows what and where she should be most of the time.







Yes this is how I spent my Saturday. Not at the beach with the other Floridians enjoying the 92 degree temperature...and for my Greek friends, that's 33-34 degrees Celsius. Another words hot and time for sunning.


To make matters worse.... Madie's Rockin Robin group was slotted number 11 out of 25.


11 out of 25. Lord help me.

11 out of 25. 10 other groups I had to sit through before hers. I sat there for an hour before her turn. I almost did not make it. As she finished up.... I began to look around for the nearest exit. My ride, however, wanted to stay for the Grand Finale. Lord help me.... I should have brought my own wheels.


My saving grace was my dad. He too was looking for the nearest exit. So the two of us left my mom and headed to Wal-Mart. We bought Mother's Day cards, Mother's Day breakfast items for church, anything to stay busy for the next hour. Until the Grand Finale.


When we returned.... we timed it perfectly... the last performance was ending. Thank the Lord. Not enough medication in the world for me to patiently sit during 12 - 25.


Afterwards we greeted Madie, bestowed upon her an arrangement of flowers. Again why I have no clue, but she was expecting them. And to think there is another one of these around Christmas.... I think I may defiantly still be in Greece.


Blessings to those really rockin tonight,

Kristie


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must be so happy the dogs hair has started to grow back

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online