Thursday, September 10, 2009

Domestic disturbance

Greetings,

We had a little problem in the Hansen household today. Harry and I came home to a household on high octane. As Harry opened the door and we walked in I noticed something was amiss. Both animals were sitting side-by-side on the floor staring up at the curtains. Ears pointed, tail wagging... in full on attention attack mode.

I should mention... the animals never sit side-by-side peacefully. But on this occasion... they were on a mission. A seek and destroy mission.

Their target....




A little bird.


Somehow... the little bugger flew inside and could not safely get out.

And by safely... I mean that I have witnessed Miss Peabody and Oliver's devouring of their prey. I wanted this little birdie to escape unharmed from the grasp of these two domesticated animals turned wild crazies over a little innocent bird.

And I should mention, I hate birds. A flying creature coming towards me with wings spread, biting beak, and claw like feet scare the B-jeezes out of me. Could be from the time while I was flying and a pilot (who shall remain nameless) hid a pigeon in one of the overhead compartments of the airplane.... waited until I heard the scratching, opened the bin, and laughed to death as the pigeon flew at my head trying to get off the airplane. Ha ha it was real funny.

Even with my healthy loathing for foul... I did not want harm to come to this little bird who has taken up residence in the Hansen household.


After we unsuccessfully tried "shooooing" him away with all doors and windows open...



Harry had to resort to the broom.




But it okay... the bird made it out intact. The animals were highly upset at the its escape. And I stood on the sofa with a blanket over my head the entire time.... that's why the photos are a bit on the "out of focus" side.
Blessings to those with healthy fears,
Kristie

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online