Saturday, September 12, 2009

Water Problems

Greetings,


Now I am not one for all this "Going Green" mess. I mean it's nice to have organically grown vegetables, free range meats, and bottled fancy water. Maybe I have been spoiled living here in Crete where EVERYTHING is organic... we live in a farm field. My neighbors are sheep and a watermelon patch.


But I will draw the line.... when my tap water looks like this:



And after a minute or so.... it still looks like this:



My glass of water looked like an Alka-Seltzer commercial. Seriously, I have no clue what was in the water. For several weeks now we have had something in the water. It goes away then its back. You never really know what’s coming out of the tap.

So I decided to use my investigative skills ad try to find out what the problem was. I figured I should start with the source. Where is my water coming from? So I followed my water pipes to try and understand my dirty water problem.

So I head out the door in search of my pipes... here they are running along our wall.


And following them down the street...


And actually across the street.... (look both ways water pipes)



And pops up on the other side...




And then I kind-of got confused... not sure which one was mine anymore?



It's like a bunch of noodles....



Okay, now I am really confused? I mean, I have never seen anything like this before. And I was scared to touch anything for fear of what would happen to my neighbors water supply..



Scratch that... I have no clue how to even turn the pipes or valves or whatever these are?




And when I thought that was the end of the line... nope even more pipes came out the other end...



Seriously? I mean come on.... what was I complaining about?



So I went home with a camera full of my investigation photos, puzzling maze of mapped out pipes and used my detective brain to deduce my situation. Then I ordered the Brita Home Filtration System online. It should arrive any day now.


Blessings to those with a refreshing drink,

Kristie

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online