Saturday, December 13, 2008

Good as it Gets..

Greetings,


This is as Christmas as it gets at the Hansen household. The Charlie Brown tree is saturated from head to toe with Euro store ornaments. Lights encumber the plastic monstrosity with makeshift star on top.

"Does the tree lean a little to the right? Yes. Can I keep the animals out of the tree so it can remain upright? No. Will the tree end up on it's backside while I am gone to the States? Probably."

But this is the best we can do with the limited supplies here on the island.












this roll of blue wicker is actually a fragrant potpourri...
unfortunately not pine or Christmas tree, but ocean freshness












I even tried a festive table setting. Every little bit helps ... I guess. With Christmas music playing in the background and soon a fire ablaze in the hearth... Christmas from across the pond may feel a little more like Christmas with friends and family.





I am soon to depart this celebratory atmosphere and travel across the pond on my 30+ hour trek. A long haul, but the reward awaiting my return: family including the new nephew, my fathers pacemaker surgery, Christmas shopping in the greatest commercialized country in the world, dentist, oral surgeon for incoming wisdom teeth, new glasses since Peabody has chewed my only pair, and hair cut. Sounds like fun? I forgot I was working on the sarcasm...


Blessings to those with the true Christmas spirit,

Kristie

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online