Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Santa or the Bungee?

Greetings,

Today we went shopping. All day shopping. Leg dragging, back breaking, bankrupt leaving marathon shopping.


And we took a toddler. Why, I have no clue? But Kadence, my 4 year-old neice, wanted to go to the mall. I thought she wanted to see Santa. Maybe add a few more requests to her already staggering list. Or in her case.... double check with Santa .....see if he is actually coming.... since her tantrums earlier in the day.

So off to the mall we go. My expectations.... A winter wonderland. A North Pole landscape. A festive winter montage with a warm cozy Santa cottage.

Nope, we venture no where near the Santa entourage.... but head directly to the Bungee Mania Man. Yelp, my niece.... who my sister claims is actually my child that she is raising... because Kasey would never behave in the manner of Kadence.

Kadence or who I call... Madie has a mind of her own. A 4 year-old trapped in a 20 year old attitude. But on this holiday season....she had no desire to sit upon Santa's lap. She wanted to be strapped to a bungee cord and sent shooting into the air 20 feet above to come rocketing down. Only to do it over and over again.

And this was not her first time. She does this every trip to the mall. As my mom sits with motion sickness, my dad dizzy from watching her, and Kasey... her mother, doubled over with fright. Kadence laughs and giggles... up and down.... again and again. "Hey, watch me do a back flip," we hear through the laughter. As for me.... I am watching her... taking pictures.... encouraging her to do more.... So okay maybe she is a little like me.






Sorry for the view.... I forgot that you can flip or rotate a picture... but not a video. So you will have to tilt your head slightly and try not to get motion sick....







And like all good things.... they must come to an end. And like most toddlers they go kicking and screaming away. (Straight to the Mall restroom for spanking #3.... I think?)





Blessings to those plunging into CHRISTmas,

Kristie

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online