Friday, July 10, 2009

Hot off the press

Greetings,


The contents of my luggage could have been the start of the whole fiasco...






... but the other night while attending a friend's birthday party I inquired from another friend about a few items I might need for my other friend.

See the confusion already?

My story is:

I was asking my friend Peggy, who has a toddler, where to find a few items for a family member who is coming to Greece next week who will be traveling with my cousin (her son) who is a toddler. Items in question: 1. car seat 2. stroller 3. pack n play.

She answered my questions of where do I find these items, how much, and exactly what is a pack n play, etc. Harmless conversation. Right?


Next thing I know:

Harry is at the bar (ordering a Dt Coke) and our other friend says, "Congratulations Harry" to which he has a very confused look about him. He then looks at me and I rapidly squash the rumor or so I thought.


So to recap:

1. I am not expecting anything other than a few boxes in the mail from Crate and Barrel.

2. The diapers in my suitcase are for Logan, my cousin, who will be here next week.

3. Peggy is loaning me the car seat and pack n play.

4. I now know what a pack n play is.

5. Still looking for a stroller.

6. I wanted to let everyone know in a public forum this rumor is NOT true.

7. If this rumor continues.. I might register at Crate and Barrel anyway.



Blessings to those refraining from gossiping,

I should not sign my name because I am very guilty of partaking in this past time
signed: Pot calling the kettle black


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristie, we are from a small town, where the only things to do- was to GOSSIP- it's our second nature. We've all been party to this well practiced past time- we would not be human. No matter where you gathered, at church, the store or the dinner table, the tales would continue to flow as long as the tea glasses were full, and the stories didn't include yourself. It amazes me how fast a tell can get out of control and be twisted so far from the truth. I'm striving not to be party to the gossip mill around me, I sometimes catch myself and quickly apologize and stop. What can I say it's a work in progress. Misty

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online