Tuesday, July 21, 2009

In the heat

Greetings,

Here on Crete it feels like this....





and looks like this, but just add a little green vegetation...




But the above pictures are from Israel a few summers ago. As I was complaining about the "heat wave" here in Greece.... I made the comment, "It is so hot here.... probably the hottest I have ever been".

But upon further recollection... I need to clarify that statement. Israel, with their 120 degrees heat in the Judean dessert, Quran, and Mesada, is THE hottest place I have ever experienced.


Crete, Greece.... is a close second. It is tied with the few times in Florida when a hurricane or two have knocked out all the power for a few days.... NOW those are some pretty hot, muggy, humid, hot days.

Isn't funny.... how as time passes... we tend to forget. I guess time dulls are senses. Or is it our memories?

Not sure if I could ever forget our Israel trip with Jerry and Trish... they say when you have a life-threatening scare... your senses are heightened. I remember clearly how Harry had us in hot water (almost got us killed)... I just forgot how hot the rest of the trip was.


(Me, Harry, Jerry & Trish Israel 2007)



Blessings to those with functioning senses,

Kristie

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online