Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Gold Souk

Greetings,

Gold... and more gold.

Our first stop is the souks or outdoor markets. A lot like all the other bazaars with have visited over the last few months.



After perusing shop after shop in the heat... I felt like asking this guy if he would slid over and make room for me.



This market has a little twist... a shiny, brilliant, sparklery paradise called the Gold Souk.


And all at once... I no longer wanted to hang out with the guy napping on the trolley.... I wanted to run. Run up and down the souk. In one shop then another. trying on different gold pieces in hopes Harry would purchase my anniversary gift! And maybe my Christmas gift. And, oh my birthday is coming up too.





I have found my favorite shop. Now I know why Dubai has earned itself the title City of Gold.

The sheer scale & variety of gold on offer is impressive - earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets & pendants. Many different shades of gold are available: white, pink, yellow and even purple gold. Gold prices here are among the lowest in the World.



Designs can be traditional, modern, conservative, old, delicate or robust and can be in various gold colors such as white, yellow and even pink.


There are more than 300 jewelers situated in the strip and in the afternoon and early evening the streets are alive with people from all over the world visiting the city of gold.



I just want to soak in the atmosphere of shop windows glinting with 18, 21, 22 & 24 carat gold.



Not sure how my back would feel after I wear this all night for a party? But I would try.



Many people travel to Dubai to purchase their gold. Many families travel from India to don themselves with the glittering gold for their weddings.


It was hard for Harry to convince me to leave this stop on our tour. Most of the time we are stuck in museums reading plaque after plaque... and I always wait on Harry. But today, he could not rush me out of there fast enough.


Oh well, maybe next time.


Blessings,

Kristie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy me something!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online