Friday, May 14, 2010

No Words

Greetings,

I cannot find the right adjectives for how extremely mad / upset / frustrated I am right now. 



Now that I have a kitchen that is almost finished.... I have started unpacking kitchen items. 

The boxes from Atlanta (that were in storage for over 2 years) are amazingly all intact.


However, when I began unwrapping the items from Greece....

and happened across this box.  As you can see from the outside... it's a little smashed




I was apprehensive to see what was inside....




well, it was bad....




and another....



and another...




and some more broken dishes...



and some more...


and it kept getting worse....


3 giant platters ....


all in pieces...



thousands of pieces...



and some more...



after I finished unpacking... there were slivers of ceramic and porcelain everywhere





I was at a loss for words...


until finally....




I just started crying. 


There is not a single set of anything left. 

Crate and Barrel destroyed.

Pottery Barn shattered. 

Even the Villeroy & Boch smashed to smithereens...



And  weirdly I am a person who has to have all things "matchy".  Even though only half are unusable... to me the entire set is worthless.

I don't even know what else to say.  It may seem trivial to get so upset over broken dishes....it's just this constant state of disarray.

And...

This place is not Atlanta.

It's not Greece.

I am not sure I even like this place...

Some days... I just wish things could go back to normal.


Blessings,

Photobucket

3 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, I'm sorry. Maybe you can find the pieces that got broke on ebay for cheap?

Samantha said...

Its alright to be upset, I would be livid if that happened to my stuff! Its all gunna work out though! Keep your head up!

Karren said...

That's horrible! We're PCSing next month and I've been SO stressed/worried about our stuff breaking from the movers. I know it's just material things, but it's OUR things.. and if anything gets broken I will definitely be crying too!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online