Monday, May 24, 2010

P's and Q's

Greetings,

One of the many thoughts passing through my mind when our Nosey Neighbor informed us of our legal infraction....

I thought...

he needs to mind his P's & Q's.

Knowing, yet not REALLY knowing what this expression meant...

I Googled it:



"At local taverns, pubs, and bars, people drank from pint and quart-sized containers. A bar maid's job was to watch the customers and keep the drinks coming.

She had to pay close attention and remember who was drinking in pints and who was drinking in quarts.






Hence the term minding your "P's and Q's."



I thought it meant minding one's own affairs... when it is really seems to be a term of attentive service. 

Maybe my Nosey Neighbor was being helpful??


Blessings,

Photobucket

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha, I never really knew what that expression meant either!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online