Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Threading

Greetings,


I have become a huge fan of threading (for eyebrows).  I found an amazing shop here in Norfolk

Threading is an ancient method of hair removal practiced many Asian countries, including as Iran, India, Vietnam, China and Arabic nations. It is popular in Persian culture where it is called Bande Abru ("Abru" means eyebrow, and "Band" is the thread).

Threading the entire face is widely spread amongst Iranians, but it was originally practiced when a woman was getting married or during special occasions.

In ancient Persia, threading was a sign that a girl had reached adulthood and become a woman.


Practitioners use a pure, thin, twisted 100% cotton thread which is rolled and twisted over hairlines, plucking the hair at the follicle level. Unlike tweezing where a single hair is pulled out each time, threading can remove an entire row of hair, resulting in a straighter line.





Threading does not use harmful products, just a piece of thread, and is all natural.

As the top layers of skin are not peeled or traumatized which helps in the aid of preventing wrinkles.


I tried it ...  and now I am a fan!



Blessings,

Photobucket

5 comments:

Joanna said...

I really like threading, I got it done right before we moved and really was impressed with the results. That's fun you found a place you can go to!

Nolie said...

All I got to say is OUCH!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I've never seen this done! Is it really expensive?

Unknown said...

does it hurt? and keep in mind i am a wuss.

Samantha said...

An Indian girl I went to boot camp with knew how to thread... it was really cool. Haven't seen it since.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online