Monday, December 7, 2009

Online shopping

Greetings,

This post picks up from the last one...

I am not happy, but for an entirely new set of reasons.  Well, the biggy is still no presents under the tree!

Since I am no longer even attempting to travel home... I have begun the tiresome task of trying to shop online.  And I have something to add to my "loath" list.

Shopping online.

There is no thrill in shopping online.  It's kindof like playing with Monopoly money... it's not real.  You can buy houses on Boardwalk... but you can never go inside that house.  I am buying items I will never touch to purchase or wrap.  And I find it very disturbing!

I love to shop.  I could do it everyday if Harry had the bank account for it.  The entire ritual of going to the stores, finding a parking spot, bustling through the stores, in search of the perfect gift, checking out, taking all your loot home, and wrapping the newfound treasures.        

Virtual target looks like this....





and this.....



But I want this....





My very own real shopping cart.  Not some virtual cart that may or may not have the item once you press checkout.  If my item went missing from my real cart.... I would go aisle to aisle in search of my goodies... and take them back.  I have no clue who took my virtual item out of my virtual cart.

I want this....




And I love Macy's during Christmastime.  Virtual Macy's looks crappy.  It does not even have Christmas music playing in the background.

There is nothing like the feeling of walking into this....






And the coup de grâce....

Neiman Marcus. 

It's my favorite place in the world everyday of the year.  And on Christmastime... it's like my World Series.  My SuperBowl.  My Stanely Cup.

And this year... I have nothing. 
A virtual Christmas Book.  Blah.




I want this....



and the look, feel, and smell of this.





I want counters and counters of holiday cheer.  Not a computer that might or might not freeze up while I am trying to type in the numerous lines of needed information just to checkout.

I want the real thing.  This virtual shopping world is crap.

Blessings to all those shopping for real,

Kristie

1 comment:

T said...

hahhh, would gladly trade your Greece for our madhouse shopping spree here. the outlets are buzzing! Whish you were here!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online