Sunday, December 20, 2009

Time to decorate

Greetings,

It's only five days till Christmas.... I guess it's time for the tree to actually look like a Christmas tree.

Harry and our neighbors,  Todd and Gip came over to help.   Todd and Harry strung the lights while Gip helped me bake a few more treats... then clean up the horrendous mess.

Here's Todd untangling the balled up lights from last year.  This might take a while... it might have been easier to just buy a new set of lights. 




And presto... let the tree trimming games begin.



Except we hit a little snag.... I was so busy dipping out chocolate that I did not realize Harry and Todd were stringing the light without the lights lit. 

All proud for their accomplishment.... I stared deer-in-head-lights when they plug them in to the electrical outlet.  When Harry turned off the lights... I cringed inside.  All the lights worked.  The worked but, they were all out of whack. 
Not evenly distributed throughout the tree.  Not equal distance from the previous row of lights. 

But I have grown this year!

I did not say a word of negativity.  Not a word.  Not one single, "ah, Harry you know you should string the light while lit."  Not a single iota of criticism.  Not one. 



I just waited til Todd left and Harry went to bed ..... to take down the lights to re-string at a later time!

Blessings to those with control issues,

Kristie

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online