Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm a slow oxidizer

Greetings,

I have decided to find a way to rid myself of the 12 pounds acquired here in Souda. In my endeavor hear people say....

You needed the weight.

It looks good on you.

Where? I see no weight gain.

You could use the weight gain.

If I were you….


Well I have to say:

No I do not need the weight. Who ever needs more weight?

It does not look good on me… what a mean thing to say.

Would you really like me to show you?

Exactly how can I use weight gain?




And you are not me!


And a couple of other things I would like to add….. I am cheap. That may come as a shocker to some, but like to shop at outlet and discounted stores. Name brands yes, but discounted. So I am very disappointed when I can no longer fit into my clothes. And cannot afford new ones.

When I was home this past Christmas break my sister commented on how I was wearing tight jeans now. To which I had to explain… I am not going for the hoochie momma look, my clothes are just too tight. And like I said before…. I do not want to buy other clothes. I like the ones I have, they are comfy and already stretched!

And who in their right mind wants to break down and buy a bigger size? I mean come on!

So I have decided to start a workout regime. Previously, I went to base for Yoga / Pilates, but who wants to be seen in yoga pants in front of your friends and Chapel goers.

In Atlanta, I ran. Our neighborhood had a nice lighted paved walkway; except for the dog pooh it was ideal. Here in Starvos I had tried running, but just not into it, and here there is sheep pooh. It’s still too cold and my ears get cold.


The problems I have encountered...





....this chair, however ugly, is quiet comfortable.


Also.....




... these shoes just sit there. I am waiting for them to sprout wings, lace themselves onto my feet, and fly out the door and down the street like Wile E Coyote after the road runner.


So I decided on the Jillian Michaels workout. Harry loves her. I think we watched Biggest Loser so Harry could see Jillian motivate others in her yoga pants. Just kidding!





So I went to her website and did the whole customize your workout thingy. And here's what they gave me...


Here's Your Customized Weight Loss Plan:Based on your answers, here's my triple-threat plan for you. My online program makes weight-loss simple, with real solutions for people who want to lose weight and keep it off.

1. Sweat

You're a Pear — but you can pare down!

Like all pears, you tend to store fat in your lower body, so you're probably carrying extra weight around your hips, buttocks, and thighs. Anyone can be a pear, but this shape is more common among women, and it actually evolved because fat stored in these areas aids in fertility and breast-feeding. It's an interesting fact — but I know as well as anyone that this type of fat is harder to lose. Not to worry! I have exercises that will target your fat storage areas. My personalized program will help you alter your pear shape. But you got to get a grip — you can only win against genetics up to a certain point. Once you understand this, you can let go of unreachable goals and replace them with real ones.


I encourage you to:
Power walk. You can do it anywhere, and at 4 mph, you’ll be burning at least 250 calories an hour.Run indoors or out. All you need are good running shoes. And at 5 mph, you’ll burn over 400 calories an hour.


2. Science

You're a slow oxidizer.

Because you crave foods like fruit, bread, and crackers, you may be a slow oxidizer. This is the fancy term for your metabolic rate. It simply means that you burn through the nutrients in your food slowly and that energy production is therefore delayed. Fat and protein slow down your rate of oxidation and energy production even further. So to best serve your metabolism and feel energized both physically and mentally, you require foods with higher percentages of carbs.


Your ideal meals and snacks should break down to a ratio of 60% carbs, 25% protein, and 15% fat. But the bottom line is, you have to burn more calories than you take in. That's it. And to really do this successfully, you have to eat the ideal diet for your body and metabolism. Believe me — I've struggled with this myself. And I've done a lot of research and work to figure out my ideal diet.


3. Self

My 7 steps to behavioral modification

Lots of so-called "experts" talk about willpower. Well, I say screw willpower — there's no such thing! Sure, we all have fleeting moments of bravado. But that virtue comes and goes. I'm going to teach you some basic techniques to change your habits and program yourself against failure! You are going to have to do the work, though. I don't want to hear that you don't have the time. If that's your excuse, then get back to me when you're ready. I'll be here.

Ready? Okay, good. Let's make some changes together:

1. Avoid dangerous situations. STOP driving by the doughnut shop on your way to work. When you go out to dinner, ask the waiter not to bring bread to your table.

2. Get a hobby. Start taking your dog on longer walks. Fix up your attic. By focusing on positive activities, you'll find yourself becoming more relaxed, happier, and thinner!

3. Curb mindless eating. Don't eat while standing up, and don't skip meals. Brush your teeth after every meal and snack. Food never seems as appealing when you have that toothpaste taste in your mouth.



....and yes there should be 7, but of course you need to pay for the others..... so I am going to try her workout video and the few free tips she suggested. I may be brushing my teeth all day!


Blessings to those motivated,

Kristie



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't bread a staple in Greece?

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are well on your way to developing an eating disorder/obssession. you are offended that people say you look fine a little heavier? that is not normal. apparently the unhealthy cultural conditioning that only ultra skinny is attractive has taken you over. and no, your weight is not just a function of calories in and calories out. how much body fat your body accumulates is governed by your glands and hormones and your state of health and all this is effected by chemicals you have been exposed to even from the womb. your body will fight attempts to force fat off by lowering metabolism. it defends its body fat set point. dieting worsens things over the long run. it is better to improve your metabolism. 180degreehealth.com

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online