Monday, March 30, 2009

A Monday

Greetings,


This is the start of my week....


All of these need ironing and folding....

And these need to be washed....


Laundry is not an easy task here in Greece. The average wash time is about 1 hour 30 minutes. Easy enough if you schedule properly... the bathroom will flood if ANY other water is running. FYI do not take a bath, brush your teeth, and do NOT flush the toilet!


As for the dryer.... have any of you used a dryer withOUT an outside exhaust? Well, that's all we have here. So before you start a new load... you need to toss out the old water.





Oh, did I mention my washer and dryer are foreign? Yes, the washer speaks Italian (I am loving those many years of Italian lessons) and the dryer speaks Greek... (no such luck there)






Do you see the 3 words I know?

Off
Start
Stop



After many tries... I have found the right setting... not sure exactly what it is or translates to. But for me... it translates to a 2 hour dry time. The dryer does not have a blower.... so the clothes just spin and spin in extreme heat while the excess water collects at the top.


Sometimes... I just wish things could be a little easier here... just once in a while. I think laundry is going to spill over into my Tuesday.


Blessings to those with a proper exhaust,

Kristie

4 comments:

Mother of 3 said...

Think how much laundrey you would have if you added 2 or 3 kids to the mix!! Laundrey day is one of my most feared days!

Samantha said...

I had a washer while I lived in Italy, the intructions made no sense, and it sucked. My bathroom had its own circut breaker and the washer would trip it every time! It wasn't until my LAST day in that apartment I found the correct setting that won't trip the circut.

RV momma said...

At least you have a washer and dryer!

Anonymous said...

Here my translation for your dryer!!!
FIRST pic (clockwise)
Resistant/Colored (Bold letters)
-Very strong drying
-Strong drying for storing (for storing clothes in the closet)
-Drying for storing (in closet)
-Drying + ironing

Woolens (Bold letters)
-Preparation

-40 minutes hot
-20 minutes hot
-Fast program (bold letters)
-Drying + ironing
-Drying for storing (in closet)
-Strong drying
Sensitive (bold letters)

SECOND PIC (from top to bottom):
Indicators:
-Drying
-Drying for ironing
-Drying for storing (in closet)
-Anticrease/End

-Water tank
-Filter

Buttons:
-Soft drying
-Less ironing

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online