Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April 1

Greetings,

It's April Fool's Day....and there is no cruel jokester here. A day marked by practical jokes and hoaxes with an aim to embarrass the gullible. Never really thought this was a holiday. Never really found any humor in the celebration of fooling someone.

It was suggested that I wake Harry up this morning and tell him I am pregnant ....followed by screaming "April Fools". That my friends would be a cruel joke on ME not Harry.

Living here in Greece... sometimes I think most days are days when someone is going to jump out and say "April Fools'".

Wanna take a hot bath?
April Fools'

Or even want water?
April Fools'

Wanna watch t.v.?
April Fools'

Wanna jump online?
April Fools'

Or just want electricity?
April Fools'

Wanna pay-at-the-pump fuel?
Ah, April Fools'

Wanna just have a summer without a fuel strike?
April Fools'

Wanna swing by Dairy Queen for a Reece's Blizzard?
AH, April Fools'

Just want any fast food?
AH, AH April Fools'

Or just want US food products from home?
April Fools'


I was rummaging through the cabinets for something to eat. Not satisfied with anything I opened the frig.... did not find much of anything there either. Oh, how I would love to parade through the aisles of Super Target, Super Wal-Mart, Publix, Kroger, Harris Teater, anything... with US products.

Don't get me wrong... I love the food here. All organic and fresh. But sometimes you just want those numerous products.... aisle after fascinating aisle of American junk food. Or want I call comfort food. I am having a hard time finding Mint flavored Oreo's and cheddar flavored pop-corn.

We forget what we are missing until we visit the States... then we are in sensory overdrive. Too much for us to take in. I just walk down EVERY aisle to touch and smell everything. I love it! I can go to Wal-Mart / Target everyday while in the States. I just want to have a lasting impression for when I return here.

I must stop... I am making myself homesick. I have been itching to go home for a few weeks now.

But anyway...

...here is the most recent April Fools joke on us. It may sound glamorous to have you "eggs" from Denmark. In Atlanta I would probably pay high dollar to have "Danish eggs". But here it is all we have at the NEX (base exchange).



Please notice the FRESH DANISH EGGS label on a carton of eggs I purchased a few days ago.




Please notice the Date of Pack... oh, the dates here are different...10.03.09 means March 10, 2009... and not October! That really would be bad.

Then notice the Best sell by date.... tomorrow. Good thing I found these FRESH eggs!




It's all we have and we really are grateful.... I mean it could be worse...we could have that powdered egg substitute stuff. Yuck! And over easy might be a little difficult!

Blessings to those sunny-side up,

Kristie

1 comment:

Tara said...

Would you like me to send some US eggs your way? ;)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online