Monday, April 20, 2009

Heart broken

I am absolutely heart broken.... and not for Harry (sorry hon... he is out of town. Gone to Italy for the week for work related training.) But for the other love in my life.


T.V.


Living in Greece has had it's challenges... one of which is the lack of "good" television. We have Greek television. Um, but it is in Greek.


The second option is AFN, Armed Forces Network, which is military in nature. Duh! But the satellite coverage only covers about 10 channels. 1 sports channel, 1 kids channel, 1 news channel, 1 info channel, 1 movie channel (not new release movies), The Pentagon Station, and about 2 channels with somewhat current shows. Zero advertising commercials, well if you count the military ones.


Our recently found third option includes watching shows from the internet. Not sure about the legalities of it, but ignorance is bliss?


We / Kayne have become sophisticated with our system. He ha s an X-box which has a wireless thingy that reads the files from our computer. So we are able to watch t.v. as if the X -box were like our little Comcast converter thingy.
Here is what it usually looks like.










But due to a series of unfortunate events.... it died. Seriously, the always green light turned red. It was like a heart monitor in a hospital flashing and flashing and then... nothing. I had lost it. And I literally cried.



How could this be happening? Harry is out of town and all I wanted to do was sit comfortably on the sofa and watch my shows. Guiltless t.v. watching, uninhibited, undisturbed, all out chick flick time. Ad of all days.... just when my favorite reality shows were airing.



I could barely sleep last night knowing The Celebrity Apprentice might lose Joan Rivers or Annie the Poker lady. And what about Amazing Race? Who is going to make it to the mat first? Who is going to come and last and possibly get sent home?



And alas but above all most importantly.... Dancing with the Stars! How did my French man do? Will he be back on top again or will Lil' Kim keep the top slot? What about Ty the bull rider? He cannot dance, but I like him. And he was at the bottom last week.... how is he going to do after that Jive last week?



Oh, the uncertainty!



Once I caught my breath and think rationally... I called Kayne. He can fix anything! He worked til about midnight.... so I went to sleep with trepidation, but knowing Kayne was on the job... and my questions would have answers when I woke up!



Except, this is what I found....







And I cried again. This was too much for me to handle. I woke Kayne up to ask him W.H.A.T. was going on? He informed me he needed parts.... ordered them online.... and they should arrive in 2 weeks. With a heavy gait I went back to bed to mourn for my lost episodes.


Here is the empty spot where my former love stood. Just like the unconnected plug.... I too am waiting to get connected again.




I think it's time to go home. Where my parents have a dish and I love the sound of the Tivo blip in the morning.


Kadence.... I am on my way home!


Blessings to those with a connection,

Kristie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 You can have my old xbox360
2. You can have my slingbox! ( made for your situation)
3. For now go to hulu.com all current shows free and no sign up
I hate seeing you cry and broken hearted
Emilio

Kasey said...

We are ready for you to come home!!!!

Samantha said...

Wow, its like... open heart surgery!

Anonymous said...

The question is....will it ever work again?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online