Monday, April 13, 2009

Cat nap

Holy Week has been an extremely busy week for the Chapel. In addition to our normally busy schedule of Chapel, Sunday school, Men's Bible study, Women's Bible study, and Midweek Service... Harry added a Maundy Thursday Seder/ Passover Meal, Good Friday Prayer breakfast, Good Friday noontime Service, a movie night for watching The Passion of The Christ and on Eater....Sunrise Service at a local beach followed by a baptism, Breakfast brunch back at the Chapel followed by an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids.



Like I said a jam packed week. Not to mention.... I caught the flu bug. I wanted to ride it out on the sofa, but Harry decided to make me an appointment with the Doc. He said he needed me on my A game, which translates to: "I need to you cook, cook, cook some more, clean, help organize, and then clean up some more."


So I have cooked and cooked until just about every dish in the kitchen has been dirtied and I can actually see the back of my refrigerator. We have a rule here in the Hansen household: Whoever cooks then the other has to do the dishes. So my goal was to dirty as many dished as possible. I know that's mean. But so is volunteering your spouse for outlandish task while infected with the flu bug!


Now that the "Super Bowl" week of Christianity is over..... it's just me and the animals relaxing in our pajamas on the sofa in front of the television. We only move to eat, bathe, and soak in the sun from the balcony.







Oliver was knocked out. And so was I.

I have resigned myself to the sofa with either a book or remote in hand. I have fallen behind on my t.v. shows. I have no clue who has been kicked off Dancing with the Stars, The Biggest Loser, or the Apprentice.... and I am beginning to have withdrawls. There is nothing better than sitting on the sofa eating cupcakes (Lent is O.V.E.R. and I am back to eating sweets) while watching the Biggest Loser. Makes me feel like a real winner!


Blessings to those curled up nice and cozy,

Kristie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dancing with the Stars? Is there nothing better for you guys to do? I will send you some seasons of anything other than that!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online