Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Souda Haiku

Greetings,



Souda Bay's a bore.

I must find something to do

or I'll lose my mind.


It works.... 5 - 7 - 5 Right?


As you can see I have nothing to do at the moment. I have been clearing out the clutter here in our office space. The books, cd's, dvd's, mail, school work / junk has began to visually impair the sticky notes.


While cleaning I found an old picture of Harry and myself. A real picture... from an old camera, not digital and printed on real paper. Since we lost our computer along the journey over and the back-up disk was packed with the household goods that stayed in the States for 2 years..... we do not have a lot of old pictures lying about. I have no clue how this one made it here and on the desk.





The back reads Tokyo 04. We had taken a mini vacation to Japan.... it's hard to believe that has been 5 years now. Look how young and THIN we look. And Harry looks tan.


The trip down memory lane which led me to Japan had me thinking ... for some crazy reason.... of Japanese poetry...... which led to the boredom haiku.


Traditional haiku is a form of Japanese poetry consisting of 17 syllables, in three metrical phrases of 5, 7, and 5 respectively. Thought I would give it a try.... I had nothing else to do.... or I will just find anything to distract me from cleaning!


Blessings to those with rhythm,

Kristie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haiku what, are you guys in Greece or Hawaii?

Samantha said...

I'm headed to a conferance in Japan in a couple weeks!!

RV momma said...

Find something to do to help other people. Go to the mission in Hania. Volunteer in the school. Take dance lessons. Be a BIG SISTER. Take a pottery class. Buy your momma some rings from 'Everything's a Euro' store. Buy your momma some more pottery from Greece. GET A REAL JOB!!!!!! Think of ways to brighten Harry and Kayne's day.

Anonymous said...

Come home and help your sister with two kids!!!!! Sounds like a plan to me. I mean really I am raising your child anyways....or at least she acts like you.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online