Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pray for Souda Bay

Greetings,

It has been a rough day for Souda Bay.

One of our fellow sailors committed suicide last night. A young kid full of promise gone before what seems possible. We are having a hard time understanding why right now.

As a Chaplain's wife I question...

Where was God last night?

Where is God in this?

Why would God let this happen?

How could a loving God allow such misery?



My head knows that God is Sovereign. God is both Omnipotent and Omnipresent. And His plan is beyond my comprehension. But my heart aches for the pain of this family. The two (my head and heart) have a hard time wrapping themselves around this tragedy.

Souda Bay has had its trials these last few months. Within the past six months we have experienced five deaths of base personnel and the newborn baby of our friends. Since the holidays we have had 2 suicide attempts.

Really high numbers for such a small close nit bunch, I am not sure if this is normal? I have never been around situations such as these. Maybe… our life in Atlanta included a “smaller” family. Our number of friends and family well...has greatly increased here in Souda, so we are blessed beyond measure. But also saddened by the loss. I guess there is a cost in growing your friends and family.

So please extend your thoughts and prayers for NSA Souda Bay and this sailor's family.

Blessings,
Kristie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering if you can put a picture up of him on here. I used to live in Souda with my family and I cant put a face to the name.

My prayers are with his family and loved ones! And everyone at Souda

Elsy Golando said...

I was recently stationed at the clinic at souda bay and knew the member. He was a very kind and generous person. He always helped us at medical whenever we needed. He was very friendly on and off work. I was very saddened by the news when i heard. It's hard not to think of this everyday, and wonder if there was something that could have been said to him so he could still be here today. I send my prayers to his family and friends, and to the seabee community who lost a great person.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online