Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The stubborn veggies

Greetings,


Last night, Tuesday nights… we have the Ladies soon to be called “Protestant women of the Chapel” over for our weekly Beth Moore study. I know….those of you in Florida are thinking…. “What in the world is Kristie doing?” And you guys are right…. not my typical cup of tea. You will be happy to know I have behaved myself and to my knowledge have not offended anyone yet… far exceeding Harry’s expectations.

Because of my lack of group bible study devotion I have agreed to host the event at my house… hard to not go when it is at your house. I even cook a meal or at least attempt to prepare an edible meal. It also gives Harry and me a marked day that the house has to be cleaned… well at least the bottom floor. No one ventures up the other 2 flights of steps.

Here are a few pictures of my attempt at a chicken roast. These are more for my mom and sister… who think I still never cook..





I loath raw foods, but nothing is more disgusting than raw poultry. I mean, look at this guy. And he feels … well it is the most horrible feeling to touch an uncooked chicken. And I am not talking about the many thoughts flittering through my mind of SALMONELLA bacteria. I would have been a vegetarian if I were born in the old days. I have a hard time touching a dead carcass … there is no way I would have killed it first.







I was going to show you guys a nice picture of the finished product, but I had stubborn veggies. The potatoes and carrots cooked for 2 hours and were never fully cooked.

We discussed the homework questions, which I have yet to do. I have no clue where my workbook is….I think I may have given it away? We even watched the hour long video and the blasted veggies were still not ready. The chicken looked a little done, but not were still crunchy.

Today, Kayne transferred the veggies to a boiling pot and after a boiling steam bath of 2 hours; they finally decided to become edible. I have no clue what they were holding out for?


I guess even veggies take their time to get ready? Very similar to how I feel about group bible study….I guess maybe I am getting there. I am sure everyone back home is in awe now. I like the veggies can be a little stubborn.


Blessings to those fully done,

Kristie

2 comments:

RV momma said...

So what did the ladies eat?

Anonymous said...

Okay....I love the momma's name....however did she come up with that!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online