Sunday, January 17, 2010

House Hunting Day 4

Greetings,

Today is Day 4 of our house hunting journey... and the first day we lay eyes on a house. 

And of course... the first house I want to see is Westover. 





And I still love it....

Harry did not even want to stop.  I made him.  And my parents second the motion. 

It was the first house on my list.  We went before we even found the Realtors office. 

When we found it.  Parked and jumped out.... I walk up to the front lawn... and church bells start going off.  I am serious. 

It's Sunday and obviously church time.... the church bells down the street start chiming as I am walking up to the house. 

I look at Harry and tell him it's a sign. 

He ignores me.

Off to the Realtors.  She has a list of houses for today.  A large list.  While in the office I whittle her list down a little. She does not want to show me Westover.  Sha calls it the money pit of the century. My like for her goes down a bit.  (not really...but I will see that house TODAY)


And we're off.

I in her car... and Harry with my parents behind.  She is informative.  Talks about the neighborhoods.  Asks me about what I want.  Asks if Harry and I are on the same page.  She's new to our lives.... and does not know Harry and I are NEVER on the same page.  Opposites attract right?

I let her know that Harry will compromise... and I do not. 

In the storming rain... we jump from house to car. House to car.  House to car.... about 20 something times. 

Half way through the day... she is impressed that we are 1 1/2 ahead of schedule.  She does not know me yet.... at the front door I can tell you if I like it or not.

Harry needs to see everything.  Even pictures on the wall... I keep telling him to stop snooping on the people.  Between him and Kadence... who keeps opening drawers (like desk drawers)... we are going to get in trouble not to mention... it's kindof creepy.

We break for lunch... I have 2 houses that I have placed in the keep pile.  Not dead ringers, but worth a second glance. 

After lunch.....  a few more houses.  Find only 1 more to add to the keep pile.

Head back to the Realtor's office.  I look at her with quizitive, yet aggressive eyes... and ask, "What about Westover?"

Off to Westover we reluctantly go.

The house is just like a saw it earlier.... spectacular.  We enter in the front door... which has a warning sign on it.  It's freezing inside.  The house has been vacant over a year... and has been winterized. 

It's completely in disarray.  Half decorated by maybe a 3 year-old?  Bathrooms missing everything.  Kitchen non-existent?  Can you take a sink out when the bank repo's your house?

And oh, the floors.... it's like a roller coaster ride.  I almost needed a motion sickness pill. 

18 rooms.

6 bedrooms.

5 bathrooms.

6700 square ft.

3 floors.

And I love it.

I go outside to look around the property.  Harry and my dad head to the basement. 

When I go outside... some neighbors are walking past.  And I should premise this with explaining how I told people in Souda Bay that I wanted to live in Ghent.  I wanted to live where their was a lot of stuff.  Restaurants.  Artsy junk.  I wanted people outside with dreadlocks and purple hair. 

Well, when I went outside to preruse the property... up walks a girl with (no kidding) purple hair.  I look at my mom... and say, "Purple hair.  Purple hair.  It's another sign."   She looks a little worried.  I think the motion of the house ride has made her sick. 

I walk around the house.  See eves rotted out.  An in ground pool that needs to be filled in with dirt.  Gutters falling off.  More mess. 

I love it still.  I see a project that I want to tackle.  Westover is for me. 

As we finish up.  The realtor locks up... and we start to leave.  Guess what happens?....

Church bells begin to chime again. 

It's definitely a sign.  This is my house!  I want it.  How to get Harry to buy off on the vision? 

Scheduled to re-look at the 4 houses on my list.  Included in the list Westover.

Bells.  Purple hair.  Bells.

Forget about the warning sign on front.... that sign does not count. 




Bells.  I mean come on... it's pretty clear this is our house.  Well, what I want to be our house.

Blessings,

Photobucket

1 comment:

Tori Bella said...

I know I've only been in Virginia for two weeks now but that weather yesterday was nuts!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online