Saturday, January 30, 2010

Remodeling and exposure

Greetings,

Well well... the funky smell carpet is gone.   

We are back to the bare tile flooring.




Exposing all our flaws (asbestos) for the entire congregation to see.




We operated like this for over a year...back in the day, before carpet.  This Sunday we are going to move all the chairs back in.  Will try to get the sound equipment up and running... not sure what all has been damaged in the flood.

The word on the street is... we are receiving carpet first of next week (Navy time.. not sure how that translates to real time). Harry is ready to have everything squared away before his replacement Chaplain arrives on the 10th of February. That and he was embarrassed when he saw the religious paraphernalia side-by-side with the toilet when I posted those pictures last week. I am to inform everyone "that the crosses and other religious items are no longer in front, to the side, or anywhere near the toilet".... per Harry's orders.

So some reason.. the carpet is reminding me of myself right now.  A lovely new piece of carpet hides what's really seen underneath.

I have amped up the blog complaining lately... I think it's my defense mechanism for what's really going on inside...

I do not like change.  Leaving my friends and new found family is overwhelmingly terrifying.  I am not an open person in everyday life.  I am not one to talk to new people... not because of them, but because of me.  I prefer the quite corner and observe from afar.  It's not easy to take a two year relationship, have a few good-bye parties, and pack everything up, with kisses and hugs say farewell.... to only have contact via cheesy Christmas card exchanges. 

I guess that's Navy life.  Not sure if my stress level will make through Harry's career? 

Off to a new duty station....  The thoughts of starting over with new neighbors, new friends, new Chapel people... it scares me. It's the carpet thing again...

If everyone sees the nice new shiny carpet... everything will be okay.  BUT, if for some reason the carpet gets flooded and needs removing... will everyone like what's underneath. Or will my asbestos (short-comings, insecurities, flaws, etc) be exposed for all to see. 

I enjoy my friends here... they know me.  They have seen a little of what's underneath.  It's daunting to think of starting over with new relationships.  I guess I should think of it as adding to... not starting over. 

Change.

Ughh..

Thanks for sticking around while I figure all this out.  And I will try to curb the complaining down to a minimum. 

Blessings, 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Julie Danielle said...

I am ready to move here soon too. It seems odd to all my friends but I am ready. It is hard to make the change though. *hugs* as you go through this all too.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online