Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resolutions {raspberries}

Greetings,

It seems in the blog world... everyone is posting their New Year's resolutions.

Well, I stick out my tongue and raspberry for a good long while!

In my world .... it just seems silly.  Why set cumbersome goals... that you may or may not achieve... only to make yourself feel lousy for not attaining them?

Ummm... if I did have a list it would go something like this:

  1. Lose the 12 pounds I gained on this island
    1. probability:  slim to none.  I do not like to workout at the gym... people stare at you.  And the weather outside is fridged.
  2. Stop complaining.
    1. probability:  slim to none (it's like air to me):  Winter in Greece.  Freezing cold house.  House hunting online.  House packout coming next month.  Move an entire household complete with two pets half way around the world. Inevitable Change. 
  3. Have better attitude.
    1. **please see item number 2**
  4. Keep up with school work.
    1. probabilty:  25% possible.  I only have until May and I GRADUATE!  The remaining months bring up my average!
  5. Stay in touch with friends and family.
    1. probability: fair to good.  I will be in the same time zone as the majority of my family now. 

And this is why I do not make such unrealistic lists.  You would think an entire year would bring about numerous resolutions.... I think it's the length of time that throws me off.  I do better with shorter increments. 

Blessings,
Photobucket

3 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

Hello! Sounds like you are moving back to the US soon too? How have you liked Greece?

Tori Bella said...

Ha ha, I dig the bad attitude. When weather is freezing, I don't see any reason we're not allowed to be grumpy and we shouldn't have to go to the gym.

Laura said...

I agree completely! New Years resolutions just seem to be a way to make yourself feel bad two weeks from now.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online