Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fire in the hole

OH MY GOSH.... you are not going to believe what I have done now.

It is freezing here.... windy and raining and just a freezing cold winter day.

So I decided to build a fire in our fire place. To warm things up a bit. And it was perfect. Warm and cozy.... just a billowing small fire to knock the chill out.

The phone rings.... it's my sister... while talking to her.... I wander upstairs to start preparations for a nice soothing bath.

About 15 minutes later..... I notice the cat sneezing... I hear a popping sound... and I smell smoke!


I tell Kasey I will have to call her back ...as I run downstairs to see what has happened to my small fire.


This is what I found....











Peabody ran for the door... she is so smart!




Eyes burning, nose sniffling.... I run downstairs... open all the doors... trying to unlatch all the windows.....realize that I might have just let the cat out.... so I run back to close all the doors... move all the items away from the front of the fireplace... drop them quickly as they scold my hand.


My eyes are watering... my nose dripping... and now I am freezing cold with all the windows open. Oh what an evening!



About 30 minutes later.... after the smoke had cleared.... somewhat










I only found one item lost in "The Great Smokeout of 2009" a once round candle.





And this is my first night home alone. In a freezing house, filled with smoke, smelling of smoke, and now with a excruciating headache from all the smoke.

Blessings to those with a fiery passion,


Kristie


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! What are you doing over there? Now I'm starting to worry! =)

Anonymous said...

wow nice mess?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online