Saturday, February 14, 2009

When Harry Met Kristie

It is hard to imagine Valentines Day is upon us again. It really seems as though it just was last month. Yes another holiday that is going to cost me a fortune. I make light of that but I treasure everyday that I spend with Kristie. It is hard to imagine her not part of my life.



Now you are probably wondering how it all started. Well it all began 11 years ago in Atlanta at the Comfort Suites and Inn. It was the first week of Feburary 1998 and I was begining my airline career. I clearly remember eating breakfeast and watching Kristie enter the room with amazement. Then my buddy Todd introduced us and she was gone with a flash. Little did I know what was ahead.




Then about two months later on the 8th of April our relationship began in earnst. I recall vividly trying to sleep after a long night of training when a knock came on the door. Then there was beating on my window. So I got up and there she is again. My friends had told me that several flight attendants were living next door but this was to good to be true! It was her. Even better because she needed my help. She informed me that the power was out in her kitchen (if you believe that). So I went to her rescue but what she did not know was that I was the worst guy to help her. I magically went to the electric box and reset the breaker and became a instant hero. Then the following night there was a mysterious animal on the stairs. I recieved a knock on the door and a pitful look. "Hary can please get rid of the possum so I can go to work?" Naturally there was nothing on the stairs but I was a hero again.



Over the next few months our friendship developed by the pool as we spent our days waiting on the call to work. We had a lot of fun and made many friends in our new town "Atlanta". We both dated a lot of people and were in and out of each others lives. Then finally in the spring of 2001 it occured to me that my life was meaningless and really that I couldn't live the same lifestyle forever. I was a new Captain and was living a life on the party scene but life was empty and shallow. That is really another story!



However, Kristie shows up at my place again (in need of rescue) and she had just broken up with her boyfriend. Things came to me in such clarity that it scared me. I realized Kristie was what I had been waiting for all a long. This realization happened over one afternoon. Frankly, I grabbed her and we had our first kiss. The rest is now history. We were married 7 months later on 20 October 2001! That is how Harry met Kristie.


Harry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute, it kinda makes me sick... ;-)

I miss you guys!!

-Sam-

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online