Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sledin' with the Barker's

Greetings,

I bring you photos from our day spent with our good friends the Barker's. We decided since we have barricaded ourselves in for the winter....maybe we should get out a little more before the snow is all gone.

The night before left a coating of fresh snow....



View from our back deck


Along the drive up the mountain....Harry driving me and Matt the driver for the Barker's. I should have ridden with the Bark's or heavily medicated. Such a windy curvy drive... on one side you have the cliffs and the other... well the edge and drop off of the cliff.

Then once we hit the actual snow and ice....I was praying I had ridden with the Barker's. Oh, I should have mentioned... the Barker's came from Heidelberg, Germany....and can drive in snow. Harry and I are from Florida and hot Atlanta.










Again, we were born and raised in the South. Ginger had for her family.... wool socks, waterproof pants, snow shoes, hats with ear pieces and fuzzy toggle thingy's (we do not even know the names for such attire).


And this is about all we saw of Gavin.....his 10/20 window. Everything else was covered...I wish Ginger had dressed us.

And of course these guys had sleds. And not just any sleds, but one that had a steering wheel and brakes. Even Matt has the fuzzy toggle ear covering hat thingy!


Tristan is either a pro or all 100% dare-devil boy. Once we hit the snowy patch, he went climbing to the top of the hill.



Ginger. She'll be coming down the mountain when she comes... she'll be coming down the mountain when she comes....


Like I said.... this is all we saw of Gavin. Just his eyes. Actually, I am not sure we really had Gavin Barker at all?

Harry's attempt.....



Oh, we are freezing.


My attempt....


My one and only goal: FAST and catch air.....


We had a blast. We came home to a warm bath and a soothing fire.
Blessings to a cold day with warm prospects,
Kristie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not feeling your pain--you are having the opportunity of a lifetime and you know you are loving it! BTW, "hot-lanta" got snow today! Love ya, Danelle

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun for a Florida girl!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online