Monday, February 9, 2009

The kid's room

Greetings,



I wanted to keep you up to date with our progress....



The Chapel kids room has acquired a few new pieces of furniture. I say new.... they have been trickling in the past few months.



When we began almost a year ago this month. This is what we had.... our boy / girl box.












We shared the classrooms with the Navy education, security, and anyone else who needed the space. So we had this little box that contained all our possessions that we carried around wandering from place to place. Inevitably we lost items. But it was all we had.... and we loved it. It was ours and it was all we had.



Now, we have our very own room. We moved in around summer and claimed "squatter's rights". When we see things here on the island we buy them. When someone goes home on leave they bring us stuff back. I cram as much as TSA and Delta will allow me to legally fly with. Slowly and I repeat very slowly it's beginning to look like a real kids classroom. And we still keep our trusty little box. When I was thinking of designs for this room.... I centered them solely around our first container that held all our possessions. The boy / girl box.






Thanks to many of you... who have sent supplies...From scissors and glue....to construction paper and wiggly eyes. And even the larger items....."Container Store" containers to area rugs. Thank you so very much. I cannot wait until we actually have everything we need.



Blessings to those with a giving heart,


Kristie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the round thingy, where did you get it?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online