Monday, February 23, 2009

I am Freezing

Greetings,

It is absolutely freezing here (to me that is)…. There are several here who think the weather is lovely…. so crisp and refreshing. But not me. I was born and raised in the South. North Florida and Atlanta were crisp enough for me.

Harry and I were contemplating about going to the snow capped mountains this weekend, but I may reconsider now. Yesterday, we had icy precip on our door step. For those not familiar with the aviation term… Icy precip means chunks of hail. So no need to go to the mountains when we can freeze ourselves to death right here.











The house is so cold your extremities go numb after a 10 minute exposure. Last night we had a great fire going....until the wind changed direction. Then we had to open a window... so much for the raging fire that was cranking out so much heat! Oh, I miss central heating.

And carpet! When I first saw the house... the first thing I fell in love with was all the marble. It was every where....now I l.o.a.t.h. it. From the first step out of bed in the morning... my little piggies freeze.

But I have a remedy for this ailment.... socks and more socks. Layers of socks. Also, I sport my finest in footwear. My old worn out Uggs.






My new rugby looking slip-ons... with tassels. (available at Target)









And my favorite, but not the warmest.. crocheted Mary Janes.




Gone are the days when I walked around all stylish. These days I am not going for only comfort, but warmth. Do not fret my fellow Atlantians...I still have all my stilettos!

Blessings to those basking in the warmth, (their probably in FL right now)

Kristie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

winter wear is on sla ehre :) our stores are displaying summer sandals ;) would you like us tp pick you up a pair?

Anonymous said...

SALE HERE
sorry, tha's what I get for trying to rile you guys

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online