Thursday, February 4, 2010

Blizzard Bloghop... Our Guided Steps

Greetings,

Household 6 Diva is hosting:



So in participation with the bloghop...


Here's my info:

My name is Kristie, 32 years-old, from North Florida. 



Married to Harry, a former airline pilot for 10 years,...




who decided on a mid-life career change....turned Navy Chaplain. 



We have been married over 8 years.

We have Oliver the cat, rescued the day after we returned from our honeymoon



and Miss Peabody our newly acquired Greek dog.




At the end of 2007 the Navy sent us to NSA Souda Bay Crete, Greece.... where the trials of living abroad have stretched me in ways I thought impossible.

I am active with foreign missions and was a Youth Minister for 2 years back in North Florida (may be the delay in our whole kiddo thing).  I am currently finishing up my Master's in Political Science (if I keep my sanity). 


We are eagerly awaiting our departure from Paradise (only in summer)


in exchange for (Target & Wal-Mart) our next duty station... Norfolk, Virginia. 


"You enlarged my path under me;

So my feet did not slip."

2 Samuel 22:37


It's our theme verse... it seems no matter what we do, where we go... God has prepared our way.  Our feet may slip, but for some crazy reason... we keep on walking!
 
I anxiously wait to see others during this Blizzard Bloghop.  Please feel free to leave a comment so I can hop on over to your blog as well.

Blessings,

Photobucket

21 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

Great post! I can't wait to get back to Target either :)

Kristi Stephens said...

Nice to meet you! We lived in Portsmouth for a while when my hubby was in grad school... it's a fun area! {with LOTS of shopping!}

hallee@halleethehomemaker.com said...

Nice to meet you! I love your pictures.

Rachel said...

Hi Kristi! Wow, you live in Greece, how exciting is that!! (I've never been out of the US, except to Canada...but that's not very exciting!)

Tracey said...

What a beautiful photo to end your post with! It's nice to meet you! Hope you enjoy Norfolk; much of my extended family lives in that area so we visit periodically.

Happy Bloghop!

Anonymous said...

love your post & your view! the ocean is one of my faves :)

Christi S said...

It is nice to meet you! Your blog is lovely! Have a great weekend!

Erin @ Closing Time said...

It's great to meet you! I love the verse you ended with...I know that has been so true in my life as well. :)

Rhonda Stansberry said...

Great meeting you!~Rhonda

Teri said...

Hi, nice to meet you. Greece? I have never heard of anyone being stationed there. I don't know what I will do without Target when I leave.

Jennifer, A Self-Confessed Foodie said...

My cousin's family is from Norfolk. I think you'll like it there! I know I did when I visited! How interesting that you've been living in Greece! I'm hoping to visit it in the next few years.

Nice to meet you!

Sidnie said...

I miss Target, and drive thru Starbucks, and Sonic!! :)

Loved your post, nice to meet you!

Kathryn said...

Great blog! I am a military wife as well, it's so nice to "meet" you!

Christy said...

Nice to meet you! I'm an Army wife stationed in Germany, for the last 4 1/2 yrs and love that GOD's placed us here and feel so blessed by that!

Maria said...

Nice to meet you! We were stationed in Norfolk for from 2004-2008. Lots of yummy places to eat.

Nice to meet you!

Veronica @ A Quiet Heart said...

Hi Kristie! So nice to meet you! I love the verse that you closed with. I am so thankful that the Lord guides each one of our steps! What a comfort.

Karen said...

Hi, just stopping over from the blog hop to say hi. I am still looking at the picture of the blue water. Love the pics. Have a blessed day today!

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

Hi! We are in Virginia, a few hours north of Norfolk. I hope you like it here, although I can promise you it's not Greece. ;)

Julia said...

Hi! I am here from the Blizzard Bloghop. Nice to meet you! Your photo of the ocean is helping me make it through the tough weather today!

Patty Coleman said...

Happy to meet you on the BlogHop. Love your story..and your pics!

Roller Coaster said...

Stopping in on the bloghop! Nice to meet you. And oh how jealous i am that you live in Greece! Enjoy it while you can!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online