Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's really Real now

Greetings,

T - minus 1 week and a wake up. 

It's Moving Day.

As the Greek movers roll up in their trucks... I realize that we are really going to leave this place!




Let the games begin...

 

My absolute favorite mover.... he played the violin from Israel, the xylophone from Thailand. 


Everything gets wrapped.... EVERYTHING!


After an hour or so... some guy comes in and says, "No pictures!"  And he puts his hand in front of the camera. 

Let me think about this ....

my house

my stuff

my camera?

What is the problem here... is he doing something he does not want me to photo?



The hallways are too narrow... so the boxes and furniture and the second and third floor... get tossed / lowered from the balcony.









Harry's was a great help... he pretty much stayed right here the entire time. 


Ah, it's all gone.  Boxed up.  Crated up.  And ready to ship off.

I hope it makes it to Virginia safe and sound and in one piece.

Blessings,

Photobucket

3 comments:

Christy said...

IF those movers knew the regulations they would know that you have every legal right to take photo's and it's very smart to (before packing, during, and as they're placing in the trucks) that way there's the proof if anything IS damaged! :) Good job on photographing, if anything is damaged or broken, or worse missing...you'll have proof!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of Harry and Peabody. I can't imagine the box of emotions you are feeling this week! I'll be praying for you...but very excited for you to be a few hours away (relatively speaking!). Love ya,
Danelle

Julie Danielle said...

We will be doing that in a couple of days! I bet you feel good having it done now :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online