Friday, February 12, 2010

The Dreaded...

Greetings,

It's that dreaded time again.  The pack-out or what I call my pre-pack-out.  The time when I request packing boxes early so I can  (in all my psychizo-glory)  pack my own things.  As if the professionally paid and insured movers are less capable... I feel the need to separate, fold, and pack away my clothes, linens, bathroom toiletries and just about everything...





I packed up nearly the entire house.... in two days.  Just a few things remain.

Insured or extremely fragile pieces..  oh, and those odd shaped ones that do not fit snuggly in one of the two size boxes the movers sent me... I left those for the professionals to pack.


And the stack of junk I never want to see again... I am still finding good homes for a few items...





The movers sent 20 boxes... and I just finished taping the last one. 

I have a problem... I know this.  The government pays good money for competent companies to pack and ship our goods.  I am having a hard time with the thoughts of allowing strange men pack up my things. 

I have a system... like items, same room, labeled properly ... is that so much to ask? 


Blessings,

Photobucket

3 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

Hey we all have to do what we feel comfortable with? Me I moved about 12 times even before we joined the Army so I really just let them do it all.

But today I really need to start a "get rid of before the movers come" pile and I am instead online reading blogs...:)

Julie Danielle said...

I gave you an award :)

http://juliethearmywife.blogspot.com/2010/02/sunshine-award.html

Unknown said...

you'll be glad you packed some things yourself. i thought they were doing a good job while i was at the house, but then when we got here and unpacked, disaster! some things were broken but mostly it was how crazy it was packed. good luck!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online