Thursday, February 4, 2010

Downhill from the mountain

Greetings,

Well, I knew it was too good to be true....

my peaceful easy going morning. 

Last night our water went out.  Typical.  It's normal in Greece. 

What is not normal... is for the outage to last till the next morning... and continue through the entire day.  We are going on 24 hours of NO water.


I went in search of the problem.  And found this....



About 1/2 kilometer down the street... I found the source of our village wide water outage. 



Various machinery and workers are diligently at work.  I think? 



                   

I had to go to the base just to take a shower.

At least I do not have to cook tonight... take-out pitas are on the menu. 

Blessings,

Photobucket

2 comments:

Tori Bella said...

Blah, that stinks! But the excuse to not have to cook is nice!

Anonymous said...

Gosh I miss the pitas! Big fat pitas grilled with olive oil, slathered in tziziki and stuffed with scrumptious lamb and olive oil-fried fries....am I drooling too much? Must be the baby in my belly talking. :) I can't get enough to eat lately!

~ Debi

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online