Sunday, February 28, 2010

Emotional Free Fall

Greetings,

I have referred to our departure as an emotional roller coaster... I now want to change that to a free fall. 

However painful... I will try to recap the days highlights.



Woke up early... too early.   Started to cry.

Packed up and left hotel to stop by Kayne's to wake him up (he was going to the airport to say goodbye.  Started to cry. 

Walk in Chapel for the last time.  Teared up.

Matt brought Peabody.  Teared up.

Left Chapel for the last time.  Started to cry again.

Checked-in at terminal.  Holding back tears.  Several people came to say goodbye.

Our neighbor Todd came to see Miss Peabody for the last time.  I started to cry.

Oliver poohed in his carry case.  I wanted to cry, but for other reasons.

Flight delayed.  Harry wanted to cry.

Perused base for the last time.  Saw too many people to cry.

Flight time. 

Caged Miss P for her ride in the back... FYI: do not place a dog in a crate for the first time in her life ... only miutes before the flight.  People thought she was a bucking bull instead of the nice sweet Peabody.

Time to say goodbye to Ginger and Andrew. Start to cry.

Time to say goodbye to Kayne.

Full blown snotty ugly red-eyed tears. 

If it were not for our friends traveling to Naples with us... I think I would have cried the entire flight, instead I caught up on the last Souda gossip... no crying.

Oliver poohed second time mid-flight.  I wanted to cry. 

Went to lav to clean him up... not a pretty sight.  I am a smeller and a gagger.  And when I opened his cage he comes flying out... leaving smelly pooh paw prints all over the lav.  I wanted to cry, but I was heaving instead. 

Gave Oliver a bath in the lav sink. 

Gave myself a bath in the lav sink.

Cleaned lav.

Went back to seat to medicate.

....

the rest of the trip was pretty much the same.    Oliver unhappy.  Miss Peabody unhappy.  Harry happy.  Me periodically crying and sleeping. 


I still want to cry..... periodically.

Blessings,

Photobucket

3 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

Oh it is so hard to say goodbye. I will be saying my goodbyes this week. Glad you got back to the US safely!

Tori Bella said...

You forgot this one: realized I'm finally in the same state as Tori, cried with joy. ;) LOL

So sorry! Saying goodbye is super hard - that's why I refer to it as "This isn't goodbye - just until next time."

Matt said...

We miss you guys, but I love this story. Your sense of humor keeps me laughing! You guys in the new house?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online