Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Forgiveness?

Greetings,

I do not even know how to say this....

but our landlord poisoned Vince. 


Our neighbor came home after work and found him.  Vince has been our buddy and Miss Peabody's boyfriend for quite a while now.  We are all horrified that the landlord would do such a thing. 

My problem...

is I want to throw a brick threw his window.  And I am sure that is NOT the Chaplain wife / Christian thing to do. 

We have had a rough go with the landlord this week.  I had a draft post "The Extortionist" was the title.  Now I want to change it to murder.  The highlights of the week:

He wanted to keep our deposit...just because.

He wanted us to pay for a new paint job... soot damage from his faulty fireplace.

He wanted us to pay additional water bills because we had my brother living with us (contract was signed over 2 years ago knowing Kayne was an addition... and Kayne moved out over 7 months ago).  BTW water is included in our rent... per our lease.

He wanted us to pay for a new doorknob.

He wanted us to pay for fumigation from the pets (which we actually did).

He made our cleaning lady cry... he told her to clean the entire house and then clean the outside. We paid her to clean the inside.   Seriously?... the outside of a house?  Remember the construction work that rains clouds of red dust all over the neighborhood?

He lied, and lied, and lied some more.  Luckily, I had documentation of e v e r y t h i n g.  FYI military folks... go through housing when you have issues... it is important to have a paper trail.  With every lie the landlord told... I showed the housing department lady, in our file, where he was wrong.

But in the end... what good did it get me?  We saved ourselves over a thousand dollars, but we lost our good buddy Vince.

And the really sad part... we have been trying to find a ride back stateside so we could keep him with us.  We are at our max with two pets already.  Until then our neighbor, Brunner has been keeping him.  Brunner and his wife have fed Vince and Peabody everyday for months now.

Poor Brunner's... they have enjoyed the company of Vince since we have moved.  He says the neighborhood is kinda lonely.  And Brunner's wife leaves for Thailand next week for 5 months.  It would have been nice for him to have the company.  Pets can make a huge difference when overseas and away from family.

So, back to make earlier point... as a Chaplain's wife and Christian how do I reconcile wanting to stone this guy while needing to forgive him for his idiotic actions?  It's a harmless dog... why would someone want to kill him?  I just cannot shake the feeling that the landlord was a much worse man than I originally thought.  Thankfully, Miss Peabody is hanging out with the Barker's and nowhere near the old neighborhood.

I just do not understand how someone could be so cruel.  This is not the way I wanted to leave this place. 

Blessings,

Photobucket

5 comments:

Matt said...

Honestly, I wasn't surprised when I heard about this - which when I think about that, really sucks. There is definitely not much love for animals here, where most dogs are kept on a 4 foot chain (if that long) their whole lives. It hurts the most when it is an animal we know, though. Goodbye Vince!

Anonymous said...

Here is a video to provide you with some food for thought regarding forgiveness. It is the second blog post, not the first. Perhaps it might help you to organize your thoughts.

http://www.drlaurablog.com/category/forgiveness/

~ Debi

Debi said...

Or, rather, try this direct link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFZ-2VCydq8

~ Debi

Anonymous said...

What a jerk...I would want to stone him too. --Danelle

Christy said...

Wow I don't even know what to say. Forgiveness would be very difficult. So glad you documented everything. He should be VERY glad he's not in Germany, the German's themselves would stone him (HUGE Dog lovers country!!). I pray he didn't suffer.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online