Sunday, March 14, 2010

Church Hopping

Greetings,

We went to a church today...

it was not the same.  I think we miss Souda Bay and our Chapel friends too much to enjoy anywhere at this point. 

Harry will have service aboard his ship next Sunday.  He will have a 9:00 a.m. service, so afterwards we will do another hopscotch trip around Norfolk.... looking for the perfect church. 

As if we could find anything remotely near and dear to what we had at Mount Paran and Souda Bay. 

Blessings,

Photobucket

2 comments:

Christy said...

Keep your heart open and give it time! When we left Kansas I just sobbed leaving our church, a huge part of my heart is still there! (We will one day retire there so I know one day we'll once again be with our church family).

When we first got here to Germany, I cried for the first 4 Sunday's after we'd get home from chapel, not because of anything negative about the chapel, but because I simply missed our church and church family. Then I prayed and heard GOD remind me that I was there to worship HIM, that it wasn't about ME! OUCH! But I got it. So I stopped moping every Sunday afternoon and started to get to know our NEW church family and before I knew it, we had a new church family. It wasn't the same, there were (are are even 4 1/2 yrs later) things I miss about our home church...but I truly love our church and church family.

I will be praying for you though. It's not anything I take lightly and it is HUGE and hurts, but over time you'll find you have a new family who loves Jesus (the most important thing!!) and who want to grow in Christ along with you! I pray that you find the right church home and that the Lord makes it clear the moment you walk through the doors!!

Samantha said...

Yeah, I had a really hard time with the church here, its really big, the people are really cliquey... and the band leader won't let me sing with them... didn't think I was THAT bad! :-)
I still miss the Souda group too!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online