Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thanks Virginia

Greetings,

Well...

my first day of driving in the US... (we are still sharing 1 set of wheels and Harry always drives) and I get stopped by a Virginia State Trooper.

He pulls me over... and I cannot find my Florida drivers license, proof of insurance, or registration.  I explain to him my "circumstances" you know living in Greece and the truck being stored in Florida. 

He tells me I was traveling 73 in a 55.  I want to tell him ..."that's normal in Greece", but I am not sure how he will take it.  He takes the only ID I have (military) which I am hoping he will give me a reprieve, and goes back to his car for a while.  A long while. 

Then he returns...

Florida license plate      +     Florida driver's license
 +  2 year experienced Greek driver     
+     going 73 in a 55

in Virginia

         =      a speeding ticket.


My first Virginia speeding ticket... and I have been here less than a month.  It's my first full day behind the wheel of a car. 



I wonder  how much a 73 in a 55 is going to cost me?

Blessings,

Photobucket

6 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

I think that happens to a ton of people moving back from Europe..:) But I did get a speeding ticket in Germany for going 50k in a 35k zone. I just thought it was kinda funny.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately it will be a lot of money! You might want to get lawyer! It's probably good that you have a Florida driver's license...read this http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1818.asp

Tori Bella said...

I got pulled over my first month too!

Unknown said...

Did you get it near the town of Emporia, VA at the 64/95 junction? that's where ken got his when we were on a visit back from greece. it's a hot spot for tkts...every time we have traveled past this junction since, we have seen state troopers just waiting. love how the military id didn't help any. ken tried to pull that one too! :)

tootie said...

Oh no! Too bad he didn't cut you some slack :(

Anonymous said...

Kristie,

My parents won't even let me drive their vehicles when we visit. They think I've forgotten how to drive. Uh, yeah, I drive everyday - HELLO.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online