Sunday, March 28, 2010

Here we go Loop de Loop

Greetings,

Here we go loop de loop



Here we go loop de li


Here we go loop de loop

All on a Sunday Morn.


Church hopping again...

this time to The Wave Church in Virginia Beach. 

It's different.  New age.  Hillsong type. 

Harry and I felt like the oldest in the crowd... and I even wore my cool hip leather boots with a European styled sweater... but still felt like the old uncool folks at a youth rally.

The music was not really what we were looking for.  The past few weeks I was commenting on the liturgical style... well this was the complete opposite.  This worship service (and I see the value in worship services of this style) was that of a rock concert. 

We did not try to blind the Pastor this Sunday.... although, I did get in trouble for breaking the line.  We were ushered through the parking lot, into a parking space, through the front doors, into the foyer, through the convention center doors, single file through to the seating area.... how was I to know we MUST stay in line for the seating. 

I broke away to go the other direction.... when about 10 feet down the row an Usher physically stood in my way and directed me back to my spot in line.  Seriously?  What if I did not want to sit beside the family with 5 kids that were in front of me (I'm just saying)? 

I am looking for something in between... not so stuffy, but then not so rock concerty either.  And the ability to choose where I sit.  It sounds like I am being petty.  Maybe?  I kind of feel like a food critic.  Or movie critic. 

Is there such a thing as Church critic? 

I just want to find a church that makes me feel at home.  Notice I did not say like home or my home church... but just that feeling of home.  Comforting, loving, and just warm and cozy like home.

I was hoping to find this before Easter... maybe I should just go home for Easter?

Blessings,

Photobucket

2 comments:

Maria said...

I don't know if you're looking for a particular denomination, but we lived in Norfolk/Va Beach for four years and attended Bayside Presbyterian in Virginia Beach and loved it. We were married in that church and had a hard time leaving them when we moved up to DC in 2008. The church is not far from the 64/264 split, so it's accessible from Norfolk.

That said, it looks like the pastoral staff has changed since we left, so I can't speak to the style of the new staff, but the church family was wonderful.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Church "shopping" is tough!

Julie Danielle said...

Church shopping can be tough. I like the rock concert style but maybe once every few months. I think it would drive me nuts if it was every single week. I am picky on churches too. Luckily I think we found one here in TN but in the past it has taken us a long time.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online